<body>
beauty .

Photobucket

Name: Jayne Lee Mei Ying
Age: 16 years old
Date of Birth: June 29th 1992
Location: Malaysia

Touch a feeling you've never had.
Hear a voice you didn't know.
See a person you hadn't thought of.

patience .

web site hit counter




bliss .

December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

d'amis .

Winnie Loo
Winnie Tan
Lee Yee
Bao Chuan
Cynthia
Vivien
Wah Lim
Eliada
Caitlin
Donna
Kimberly
Lizzette
Belmain
Sylvia
Sydney
Janella
Mayyie
Maisa
Deborah
Stephanie
Huijun
Lizzie
Ashley
Agnes


gift .

Designer: Florescent Her blog
Image: Revenge of the 80s Child
Hosts: Imageshack Blogskins Blogger
Resources: Yasny-Chan Alixia88 Sanami276 Dafont

Saturday, April 12, 2008
I Won A Contest!
11:01 AM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'M SHRIEKING AND SQUEALING LIKE A MAD GIRL, OK. MY VOICE IS LIKE TWO OCTAVES HIGHER. I DON'T BELIEVE IT!

...seriously! This is the best thing that could happen to me, especially since yesterday was one of the worst days ever. I was going to blog on how sucky it was, last night. But, now I can blog on how things are looking up! :]

I thought I lost that contest (I mean, I never enter anything expecting to win-unless in my wildest dreams-and least of all this contest) because it's a spot-how-many-of-something-there-are-in-a-pic type one. And it's basically guessing-work.

My eyes aren't that adept at spotting tiny stuff, and I've done these type of contests and games before, so I know that more is always better. So, I counted every suspicious-looking thing (I was spotting for tiny, fake white ghosts) in the picture, and came up with 5.

And 5 was correct. I'M STILL IN SHOCK.

This is the link to the blog with the results, with my name right there listed as a winner:
http://k-popped.com/2008/04/shadows-in-palace-contest-results.html

Yeah, the blog is familiar, isn't it? It's the same one which blogged about the F.T. Island fiasco, two weeks ago. After I discovered them by searching with Google, I just visited it every day, hoping the concert would still be on, and one of those days, before they had posted news on the final fate of the concert (I stopped visiting once they posted that it was canceled without replacement), the front page had the blog post for the contest, so I thought 'What the heck, I'll try it for fun.'

I submitted, and forgot I ever entered it. It feels like eons have passed, but that was less than two weeks ago. Shows how slowly my life is passing by. Or how busy I am. Not sure which, though.

And then, I check my inbox today - there's an e-mail from Kpopped.

Like, I thought maybe they just e-mail everyone, telling them whether they've won or lost. So, most likely I'd lost, that's what I was thinking. But, then I realized that nobody ever e-mails a contestant when they've lost, because that's a waste of time (except for Neopets - I submitted a story for the Neopian Times, a few years back, and they politely sent me a rejection letter).

Only WINNERS get e-mailed.

So, I deleted the e-mails I didn't want to open, and then clicked... and saw the word WINNER and died (citing example: I freaked out as much as Bao did when she read my fic update last night? ._.).

I admit the prize isn't something I can fully appreciate, since I've only watched Jewel In The Palace, and know nothing about Shadow In The Palace, except that it's a ghost story (hence, the mini-ghosts in the picture). But, if it's like a spin-off of Jewel In The Palace, I completely don't mind! I loved that show when I was twelve.

I even cut out the leading role's actress' pictures from a Chinese newsletter (a girl in my class stole the page it was on from this other guy's copy and gave it to me) and stuck them in my 2004-2005 scrapbook album.

Anyways, I was really very down in the dumps until I opened that e-mail. And now I feel like maybe stuff can go right, and things won't go wrong anymore. At least, for awhile. Plus, I'm hoping those parcels I mailed to the Philippines yesterday don't get lost because my mom didn't register them.

I was really upset about that yesterday; not worrying so much anymore. One sentence: God is SO GOOD. <3