<body>
beauty .

Photobucket

Name: Jayne Lee Mei Ying
Age: 16 years old
Date of Birth: June 29th 1992
Location: Malaysia

Touch a feeling you've never had.
Hear a voice you didn't know.
See a person you hadn't thought of.

patience .

web site hit counter




bliss .

December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

d'amis .

Winnie Loo
Winnie Tan
Lee Yee
Bao Chuan
Cynthia
Vivien
Wah Lim
Eliada
Caitlin
Donna
Kimberly
Lizzette
Belmain
Sylvia
Sydney
Janella
Mayyie
Maisa
Deborah
Stephanie
Huijun
Lizzie
Ashley
Agnes


gift .

Designer: Florescent Her blog
Image: Revenge of the 80s Child
Hosts: Imageshack Blogskins Blogger
Resources: Yasny-Chan Alixia88 Sanami276 Dafont

Sunday, January 13, 2008
Dreaming
6:33 PM

I finished Elsewhere last night, and here's what I can say : It was depressingly eye-opening. I would call it bittersweet, but well-worth the read. The part where the main character's adopted dog, Sadie, had to be returned to Earth made me cry. Same goes for when she herself left.

I guess it really stung me because of those times she talked with her younger brother through the Well, and I thought
'He's never going to see her again, and those will be the last things they'll ever say to each other.'

The entire plot basically shatters the illusion that you'll get to see your loved ones once again when you die, considering the re-incarnation factor. And that's what made me sad. :(

But, besides the depressing part, it was actually, kind of eye-opening. The main character (who's a teen) was shattered when she died, since it meant that she'd never get to experience any of the things she'd been looking forward to all her life.


I got hit with a blast of realization at that part. I spend most of my days, thinking that one day, my real life will start. You know, that things would essentially be perfect. But, of course, that's never going to happen.

And one day, I'd be old and still waiting for my real life to start. Or, like the character, I'd just be dead. So, I guess... that every day is my life. And, that's not a whole bad thing on it's own.

Which means I can stop dreaming, and start living. :]